Hitchin Running Club better known by our nickname the Hares are a local running club formed by enthusiasts who want to run on a regular basis in a social environment.
We don't take ourselves too seriously but are affiliated and do run on a regular basis in local and national events. To join us, just come along to one of our runs and then go from there.
When Do We Run
We run on a number of days each week. We also compete in the Herts Mid-week league.
- Tuesday 6.30pm - Beginners and social run, from Walsworth Common (Woolgrove rd)
- Wednesday 6.30pm - 30 minute run for those running over 30mins for a 5km (Rugby Club)
- Wednesday 7pm - 1 hr run for sub 60min 10km pace (Rugby Club)
- Sunday 9am - 1 hr jog for sub 60 minute 10km pace (Rugby club)
- Sunday 10am - 1 hr or slightly more for sub 45 minute 10km pace (Rugby club)
Where do we run?
We run from Hitchin Rugby Club on Old Hale Way, there isn't changing facilities provided but we have access to the toilets. It is better to change before arriving.
For the first Sunday of the month we run from St Mary's church next to car park.
For the Tuesday run we run from Walsworth Common by the park swings. There is no changing so come prepared. Walsworth has a free car park and most of the road is free parking after 6pm.
What to wear?
As always depends on the weather but standard sports top, brightly coloured if possible for the dark evening runs, shorts or jogging bottoms and a good pair of running trainers.
Will it cost me?
The first few runs are free as you get a feel for the club but then you can pay per running session or pay a yearly subscription. We don't make a profit and all the money is put back into the club to fund socials, affiliation and membership.